Calcium Deficiency Symptoms
Some of the symptoms that can occur in the absence of this important mineral are:
- Ancle pain and frequent fractures in the body
- Brittle nails
- Muscle cramps
- Numbness in the feet and hands
Lack of calcium can lead to osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a disease of the skeletal system, which leads to reduced elasticity and appearance of bone fractures.
Daily Recommended Calcium
- Babies (0-6 months) – 210mg
- Babies (7-12 months) – 270mg
- Children (1-3 years) – 500mg
- Children (4-8 years) – 800mg
- Children (9-18 years) – 1 300mg
- Adults (19-50 years) – 1 000mg
- Adults (51 and up) – 1 200mg
Increased needs of calcium have women in menopause. They especially need to take care of the amount of calcium that consume,to protect from appearance of the osteoporosis.