Function of water in the body and benefits of drinking water
Benefits of drinking water
- Water increases the energy. One of the most common reasons people feel tired during the day is dehydration. Even the weakest dehydration leads to reduced energy. Water helps blood to transport oxygen and other materials to various cells in the body. So, when the body has enough water, energy level is higher.
- Water speeds up metabolism and helps to lose weight. That’s why every diet recommends drinking at least 2 liters of water daily. Drinking 1-2 glasses of water before a meal significantly reduces appetite and leads to the introduction of fewer calories. But in addition, the water speeds up metabolism, especially if it is cold. When you consume cold water, the body tries to warm and to make it extra calories consumed.
- Water helps in better exercising. Water regulates body temperature during exercise. If you drink enough water, you will have more energy and strength to complete the exercise. Additionally, water will help you to prevent muscle cramps. So drink plenty of water before exercise, during exercise and after exercise.
- Water improves digestion. Fiber and water are a powerful combination that improves digestion. In contrast, dehydration causes the body to absorb all the water, leaving the colon dry, so complicates the process of defecation.
- Water reduces the risk of kidney stone. Experts warn that frequent cases of kidney stones in children and adults are due to insufficient consumption of water. Water dissolves minerals and salts in the urine that contribute to the formation of stones. Drink enough water to substantially reduce the likelihood of kidney stones.
- Water reduces stress and increases concentration. If you take into account the fact that about 80% of the weight of our brain is water, then it is not difficult to assume that dehydration is an obstacle for its normal functioning. The lack of water has caused stress on the body and the mind, and furthermore reduces the ability to concentrate.
- Water can cure headache. Headache often occurs as a result of dehydration. In this case, the consumption of several cups of water will help to get rid of unpleasant pain.
- Water fight against wrinkles and acne. Think of the water as natural thing that nourishes your skin in different ways. When the body is dehydrated, delicate lines and wrinkles are visible. Water improves circulation so your skin will gain a healthy glow. The only way that water can harm the skin is if you wash your face too often. The skin secretes natural oils that serve as protection, so if you remove too often, you can deal with dry skin and appearance of wrinkles.