Facts about hair
There are many interesting facts about hair around the internet. We have chosen following 15 amazing hair facts:
- Each person have about 100,000 strands of hair on our head. Of course, that number varies. In this case, red-haired have 90 000, 110 000 Black-haired human and blond-hair can boast with 140 000 hairs
- A strand of hair can withstand a weight of 100 grams. This theoretically means that the hair can support the weight of two elephants.
- One strand of our hair can reveal whether we smoke, whether we drug, what we eat and what is our ethnic origin. Different races have different structure of the strands of hair
- Using strand of hair scientists cannot discover our gender.
- Hair consists mainly of keratin, which depends on the elasticity of fingernails.
- The thickness of the strands varies from 0.02 to 0.05 mm. It takes 20-50 strands to achieve a thickness of 1 millimeter.
- Propensity to baldness is taught by gens from mother or father.
- Strict diets can cause hair loss.